Friday 2 October 2015

As Of Tomorrow



March 2009 and I was coming to the end of my social science course at the local college and I was sitting staring at the computer screen in disbelief, I had managed to secure 4 conditional university offers, all I had to do was choose the right place for me and finish my course.  Two months later and I had some surprise news, I was expecting a little bundle of joy. People asked if I was upset I wouldn't be going to uni, I simply answered "I am going to be a mum, that is better than going to uni"
 Fast forward 6 years and as a mum of 2, I am about to start my Bsc Psychology (Hons) degree with Open University.  As of tomorrow I am officially a student again.

My wall of inspiration

Why did I choose to do the course now? Why not? My son is at school and my daughter is at nursery so I have a 2 hour window during the day between 1pm and 3pm to do some studying and then again when they are in bed at night. 

Psychology is a subject that I very much love and I am very passionate about it.  As you will see from the picture above, my wall of inspiration, I have my career plan set out so when things get tough I can look at that wall and be inspired to continue. Also on my wall of inspiration are pictures of my children, my husband, the day I met Shane Filan and certificates from my fundraising events.  All those things remind me that no matter what I have come up against I have still managed to live my life regardless. The day I met Shane for example I did feel anxious as it was through in Edinburgh but meeting my idol made it all worth while.

A few weeks ago I went out and bought all my stationery and the kids made me a desk tidy which is really cute! My books arrived from Open University and I decided to buy some extra reading too.

So as of Saturday the 3rd of October I will be a student.




30 comments:

  1. I really admire you for doing this, it's a big commitment but definitely a great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary but so exciting. Thank you for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  2. How exciting! I wish you all the best in your future studies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am nervous but looking forward to it too x

      Delete
  3. Such a big commitment I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how exciting. I am sure you will have so much fun learning again. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really looking forward to learning more about my favourite subject x

      Delete
  5. Good luck I was doing my degree with the OU and loved it :) I would love to go back to it at some point. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am so so excited but a little anxious too x

      Delete
  6. Good for you. Psychology is a fascinating subject - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic journey to get there! Good luck with your studies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy student day! What an exciting course to embark on- good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's fabulous news! Hope you enjoy your course :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your studies - I found it really tough to do alongside looking after a family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I started last night when the kids where in bed which is probably the best time for me. It will be tough but worth it x

      Delete
  11. Congratulations, that's brilliant! Good luck with your studies and I hope that you enjoy your time as a student.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done you! Good luck with your course x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done and good luck. It's a lot harder studying at home but just as enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Finding it strange studying at home I must admit x

      Delete
  14. You will have to let me know what the course is like I would love to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only week one and I am hooked already! It is brilliant so far. You should go for it x

      Delete
  15. oh wow how exciting for you and such a huge commitment , best of luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am loving it. Passed my first assessment so that gave me a confidence boost x

      Delete