Thursday 19 June 2014

Anon guest post - This is my story


Well how to start, I just thought as Angela is so inspiring I would tell my tale, of how my life has been down in the deepest depression and anxiety to now. 

I don’t pretend to be completely cured, but I am well on the way, through a lot of tears, and with a lot of love and support from family and my dear friends, you all know who you are.
Well let me start back in 2012.

I had been bullied for all of my senior school/ college life, and I had zero confidence in myself or in my abilities. I felt myself sinking into a deeper and deeper depression, and I felt that nothing would happen to get me out of this. 

Basically resigning myself to being unemployed and something I am not proud of, I lashed out at people who showed me kindness, treating them appallingly.  I didn't like the person I was back then, and if I had a time machine, and I could go back, there are so many things I would change about myself.

Forwarding on a few months, to early 2013, still the same me, still struggling with my inner “demons” for want of a better word, I had a life changing thing happen to me, that made me realise, actually I do need to get help.

Going to see a professional, well that was the best thing I could have ever done. I shed many tears, and got angry at several points, but I see now, this was the best thing that could have happened to me. Over the weeks that followed, I got stronger, and more confident, and I felt safe in that small room, safer than I've ever felt in my life. 

Now in 2014, I have confidence I never knew I had, spend a lot of time outside my house, have the confidence to travel to different places  

Especially recently,  I met my 2 dear friends again, and the old me wouldn't have the guts or confidence to travel somewhere on my own, let alone coming home at night. *those who know me will know who and where I went*.

I find I don’t get stressed or snappy, I treat people much better than I  ever have, and that includes family members, who i’m sorry to say, got the brunt of my anger and fear. 
Many thanks for reading this, and thanks for posting it. 

x Anon x 

I would like to thank you for sharing your story with us.  Remember you are not alone and I am here if you ever need to talk. you are a wonderful strong person! x




No comments:

Post a Comment