Monday 28 April 2014

Thinking about my childhood

My husband and I were talking about how we were never in the house when we were young.

It worries me that children today are obsessed with the latest mobile phone, games console or other gadgets.
What ever happened to climbing trees, playing football, having races actually making your own entertainment.


My memories include:


  • Making dens
  • Hide and Seek
  • Tig
  • playing football
  • British bulldogs
  • red rover
  • swing parks
  • swimming 


We were also discussing education and how technology has affected the way children do research.

I remember the absolute joy of going to the library to get a new book to read or to do the research for my school assignments. Now it seems to be Google and Wikipedia that appeal.

Books are the best way to get your research and my children will be taught to do it that way.  Do it for yourself not relying on the click of a button and a keyword.

I look at children today and in a way feel sorry for them knowing that they might never know the joy of a technology free existence.

My childhood was simple but great fun and I have made memories to last a life time.




No comments:

Post a Comment